Nascent Objects, Inc. 2014 –Present
Product Development Lead & Senior Electrical Engineer
Nascent Objects is a VC funded startup developing a platform for expediting hardware development using a system of electronic modules and 3D printed physical shapes. Joined as first employee and helped scale team to 12 people.
- Led product architecture and development from research stage to pre-production, enabling company to launch in 18 months.
- Performed market analysis across 585 IoT products and designed 6 modules that can produce 40% of these products.
- Established supply-chain and manufacturing partnerships for first production run and developed plans for scaling.
Adept Technology Inc 2011 – 2012
Electrical Engineer for high payload Autonomous Indoor Vehicle (AIV) & SmartController.
- Designed and developed electronics for Lynx, an AIV .
PeoplePower Company 2010 – 2011
QA & Application Engineer
Cloud platform for Internet of Things devices like power strip, smart energy meter and thermostats.
- Successfully launched and executed Palo Alto Pilot Program for smart energy meter
- Identified & fixed a major electro-mechanical problem in power strip, saving company over $1MM in lost revenue and time
Dragonfly Pictures Inc 2009 – 2010
Research Engineer (Intern)
Building small rotary wing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)
- Designed power & sensor interface system for a VTOL UAV (DP-6)
ThinkLABS, IIT Bombay 2007- 2008
India’s first edutech company providing products and hands-on training in Robotics and Embedded Systems.
- Led product development for 3 of 4 portfolio products in company’s offering for robotics lab.
- Successfully developed curriculum and taught over 17 robotics workshops across India.
University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science, PA, USA 2010
Master of Science in Engineering Major: Robotics
University of Mumbai, K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai, India 2007
Bachelor of Engineering Major: Electronics
- After Market Driving Assistance System [U.S. Patent]
- System and Method for Providing Driving and Vehicle Related Assistance to Driver [U.S. Patent Application]
- Event Triggered Trip Data Recorder [U.S. Patent Application]
- Social-Networked Sharing of Incident Feeds [U.S. Provisional Patent Application]
- Docking Station or Portion Thereof For Use With A Portable Smart Device [U.S. Design Patent]
- Invented ‘Tactile Gaming Vest’ – wearable haptics device for virtually immersive gaming.